What is TWAIN and does your scanners include TWAIN drivers?
TWAIN is one of the standard adopted by the scaning industry to standardized how images are scanned and imported into software applications. All of our scanners include a TWAIN driver, which means that any Practice Management (PM) Software or Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software that has TWAIN capability can access our scanner's TWAIN interface to initiate scanning. Each PM or EMR vendor has their own workflow as to how to initiate scanning. We strongly encourage you to contact your PM or EMR vendor to find out if TWAIN support is something that is added into their software before making a scanner-only purchase.
We also have developed a suite of software applications that is able to initiate scanning with our scanners and creates an image file instead. You can then import this image into your PM or EMR without the use of the TWAIN feature.
The following demostrates how you can test out the TWAIN interface of the scanner through Microsoft Word 2003:
1. Clicking on INSERT >> PICTURE >> FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA.
2. Select your scanner model and click on CUSTOM INSERT.
3. You will see the TWAIN interface of the scanner appear.
4. Select the scan size to be document card size.
5. Insert a card and click on the SCAN button.
6. The card will be fed through and the scanned image will appear in the word document.