How do I install ScanSharp/ ScanSharp OCR?
This article can be used for any version of ScanSharp/ ScanSharp OCR. Please follow the instructions carefully to install ScanSharp/ ScanSharp OCR.
1. Launch ScanSharp and select Next on the first screen. On the next screen, select the checkbox on the scanner you have and click Next. If your scanner drivers are already installed, leave all the checkboxes unchecked.
2. The next screen will prompt you on where you would like to install ScanSharp. The default location is C:\Program Files\ICS\ScanSharp. Click Next to begin the installation
3. Once installation is complete, you will be prompted to enter your license key. Your license key is usually 36 characters long with a dash in between every fourth character.
4. The next screen is for the registration. The fields First name, Last name and Phone Number are required.
5. On the next screen is the Live Update Client. Select Check For Updates.
6. Updates will be installed automatically if it is available.
7. On the next screen, you will then be prompted to connect your scanner to install your scanner. If you did not select any drivers to install, you would not see this screen. Plug in the scanner and click on the OK button. Follow the instructions to install your scanner.
8. Once ScanSharp loads (for the first time), you will be prompted that the scanner needs to be calibrated before you can use it. Insert the calibration paper and click the OK button. You will be prompted when calibration is completed.
9. You are done.