How do I uninstall the DocketPort scanner?
The following will guide you through the uninstall of your DocketPort model of scanners.
1. Right click on "My Computer" and click on "Manage".
2. Click on my "Device Manager".
3. To the right click the + sign next to Imaging Device then you will see your Docketport scanner. Right Click the Scanner and select Uninstall.
4. You'll receive the confirm to delete prompt. Click on OK to continue the uninstall process.
5. Now that the scanner is uninstalled, you should no longer see Imaging Devices on the right side of your Computer Management screen.
6. Once you’ve completed uninstalling the scanner from the Device Manager, you will need to conduct a search for all remaining driver files. This search step is very important in the driver file deletion process. It ensures that all possibly corrupt driver files are removed. To conduct a search, click on Start and then select Search.
7. Click on All files and folders.
8. In the All or Part of the File name box type in DP XXX (for XXX put in your model number ie 665, 485 or 465 etc). Under the Look in Box click on Browse and search under C:\WINDOWS. Then click on Search.
9. The number of files that are found in your search may vary. Once the search is complete, delete all of the search results. We recommend that you begin deleting the folders first, then the files.
10. After you delete all of the files from your search, it is very important that you empty your Recycle Bin. This will permanently delete all of the potentially corrupt driver files. This way, when you install your new drivers, there will be no chance of your computer trying to use any of those bad files. In order to empty the Recycle Bin, you RIGHT click on the Recycle Bin and select the option to Empty Recycle Bin.